Foundation & Grant Dir - Cincinnati
About the Job
Foundation & Grant Director
YMCA of Greater Cincinnati is seeking a Foundation & Grant Director who will continue to help steward the Y's cause through grant proposals.
YMCA YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
Location Cincinnati, OH
Under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Foundation and Grant Specialist is responsible for managing the grant operations for projects/programs seeking outside funding, ensure timeliness of submission, reporting and compliance with the YMCA and donor requirements. Prepares and reviews grant budgets in conjunction with financial development and operations. Conducts research and works closely with branches to determine needs and identify resources to meet those needs. Helps prepare RFP for United Way and oversees the monitoring, gathering and reporting of United Way information. Assists in sponsorship proposals, establishing timelines and providing the proper infrastructure for gift documentation. Provides support writing narrative for collateral fundraising pieces and with various infographics that demonstrate our impact and outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and experience in a field related to grant writing, business, marketing, communications, government relations or similar discipline.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience with grant writing, and prospect research.
- Experience in fundraising, business/creative writing and public speaking.
- Strong proofreading/editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as team member or independently. Ability to lead and guide volunteers in organizing special events.
- Ability to work with all levels of the Association, portray leadership skills and articulate steps to meet grant deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Ability to think creatively and clearly convey thoughts and vision.
- Works with branches to identify needs in line with Association vision and matches those needs with funding opportunities.
- Develops timeline for each proposal submission determining clear objectives, articulating needs, identifying reporting needs and establishing a formal monitoring process for each grant as well as collaborative organizations as applicable.
- Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Performs prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Utilize various resources to conduct research on major prospects for capital and major gifts solicitations.
- Prepares materials and participates in meetings with prospective and existing donors (corporations, foundations and individuals).
- Works with finance department to gather necessary information for reports and reviews for grantees.
- Provides stewardship and assures adherence to reporting requirements keeping recipient branches focused on achievement of stated outcomes.
- Assists in preparation of United Way requests for proposals and monitors, gathers and reports United Way information.
- Interprets program needs and articulates in compelling grant requests resulting in funding and maintains current database and files for grant tracking and reporting.
- Working with appropriate team members and volunteers, creates, plans, organizes and supports YMCA special events (Black Achiever's Gala, Character Awards, etc.).
- Assists branches with special events to ensure cohesive messaging, marketing, professionalism and alignment with YMCA expectations.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Engaging Community
How to Apply
Apply Online http://www.myy.org/work-at-the-y?gnk=apply&gni=8a78839f64f8df87016514ed89845e56&gns=Y%20National%20Vacancy%20List Opens a new window