Human Resources Generalist
AEG Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Perform all aspects of Human Resources Operations, as well as administration and maintenance of all Facility Benefit programs, consistent with AEG policies.
- Follows AEG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state and regulations concerning employment.
- Administers various Human Resources plans andprocedures for all facility personnel.
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Keeps records of benefit plan participation such as insurance and retirement savings plans, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates training and trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, romotions, perforamnce management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates employee training in facility Guest Service initiatives.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Advsies the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
- Administers performance review and salary administration program.
- Works with corporate Human Resources in the administration of benefit programs, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, as well as COBRA and FMLA coordination.
- Investigates guest and employee accidents and prepares reports for Risk Management Department.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Familiarity with the hospitality industry/venue management
- Comfortable with training and public speaking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours, including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Prior union experience preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.