Ticket Sales and Service Account Executive
About the Job
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Ticket Sales and Service Account Executive to support the Athletics Ticket Office. Under the direction of the Associate Athletics Director for Ticket Sales and Operations and the Director of Ticket Sales and Service, the Ticket Sales and Service Account Executive will be responsible for making a minimum of 75 outbound phone calls per day with the goal of generating revenue and increasing attendance at Virginia Athletics events through the sale of season tickets, partial plans, group packages, single game tickets, parking items, and VAF contributions. Responsibilities include: Sell new, renew, and service football season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and other ticket products; call current and past customers and cold-call new sales leads to generate sales; contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments, social media and networking events to sell season tickets, partial plans and group ticket plans; staff home games to engage and interact with customers, performing various ticket sales and services duties throughout the game; build relationships and provide excellent customer service in order to encourage repeat business; achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and annual sales goals; act proactively to create opportunities for new business with existing customers; provide superior customer service to clients throughout the year; miscellaneous duties, as assigned by Associate Athletics Director for Ticket Sales and Operations and Director of Ticket Sales and Service. Work closely with the Virginia Athletics Foundation to assist with donor relations and development in regard to benefits and stewardship, including service of annual fund gift requirements related to ticket and parking benefits. NCAA-Related: Ensure that all Department of Athletics and University-related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Attend and participate in scheduled compliance seminars and comply with all the Athletics Department efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seek interpretations from the compliance staff before acting, when necessary. Report potential rules violations immediately. Complete required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitor all areas and/or program activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Ticket Sales and Operations and Director of Ticket Sales and Service. This is a restricted position. Continuation in this position will be based on the availability of funding. To apply, create an application at: https://jobs.virginia.edu by searching under Posting Number 0623749. In addition, please attach a cover letter and CV/Resume. The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Requirements include:
- A Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of relevant ticket sales experience with a proven track record of success OR a high school diploma/equivalent and more than 4 years' related experience.
- Interest in maintaining current knowledge of University athletic sports and events news.
- Ability to utilize office equipment, facilities and materials needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to effectively convey information via telephone, face to face and in writing via email, internet and standard mail.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills in interactions with University and Athletics Department Staff, students and outside community including fans, visitors, or diverse constituencies during events.
- Ability to multi-task and perform detail oriented tasks.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor while delivering a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use the utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, solid judgment, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of the job.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, coaches, administrators, student-athletes and coworkers.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines. Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to attend and work all home Football games.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and social media.
- A Bachelor's Degree and considerable relevant ticket sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of NCAA and ACC rules and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of related software and systems, including Microsoft Office, Paciolan Ticketing System, Salesforce, and social media.