Systems Analyst - Carlsbad
About the Job
Overview of the Position:
The Systems Analyst is an integral member of the IS and IT teams who will help support our ERP, supporting applications and business enterprise data management all with the aim of keeping the business running, while improving business efficiency and productivity. The position requires expert technical knowledge and problem-solving ability that will enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Systems Analyst will be responsible for QA, testing and documentation of system changes for ERP and business processes in a rapidly evolving business environment with several initiatives in the technology, system and business process areas. The position will actively participate in multiple new integration projects and be part of various project management teams with responsibility to track and monitor status and completion of project timelines and deliverables. In addition, s/he will be the primary contact for user questions on core systems and will conduct system training for new hires and others, as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
System Change QA and Testing (30%)
- Partner with change requestors for business and technical requirements to prepare change requests for 3rd party developers.
- Enter and track programming backlog with 3rd party developers in conjunction with internal tracking system.
- Conduct unit testing in QA environment with a high level of detail and documentation.
- Support business users in testing all aspects of change requests in a timely manner.
- Roll out changes to internal teams, by supplying highly documented business process changes and supporting follow up training sessions, when required.
- Perform timely monthly release testing in the ERP.
- Perform timely and thorough quarterly regression testing with WMS partners.
ERP/WMS System Support (20%)
- Point of contact for ERP system users' initial questions, concerns and troubleshooting and escalate issues when needed.
- Support troubleshooting for multiple system integrations, including three warehouse management integrations, payment processor and tax software.
- Participate in the onboarding process for new EDI Customer set up, ongoing maintenance and internal training.
- Support SOX controls throughout the IT department and across the company.
Documentation & Training (20%)
- Support migration of all IT/IS technical documentation to Confluence platform.
- Create and maintain technical documentation reference material for all areas of the prAna IS landscape.
- Provide training for new hires on the functionality of the current ERP platform, as well as any trainings required for newly installed changes or changes in applications.
General Business Support (20%)
- Provide outstanding support to all functional departments for any advanced system or business analysis, reporting needs, or cross functional collaboration.
- SharePoint Development and Maintenance
- Continue the ongoing development of department specific SharePoint sites
- Help team members to customize their specific team needs and maximize the use of the current application.
- S upport Cross System Inventory Control
- Help to support the system inventory accuracy between host and 3rd party inventory management systems, by troubleshooting issues and escalating when required.
- Utilize available tools such as SQL, Excel, SSRS, SSIS and Power BI to provide reports for cross company needs.
- Use SQL to mine data, build complex queries and create Excel models.
- Collaborate with end users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing and validation. Provide support to end users on standardized and ad hoc reports.
- D emonstrate outstanding communication skills to translate reporting requests to accurately meet the information needs of users.
- Educate requestors as to appropriate and desirable parameters to ensure they get the information they need.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in system administration
- 3+ years of experience with technical project management (e.g. tracking/monitoring status, working with stakeholders on execution of changes)
- Bachelor's degree in computer, systems or related field preferred but not required
- Experience with Full Circle application from Innovative Systems highly preferred Experience with writing SQL queries, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions
Technical Skills and Experience
- Expert in MS Excel
- Proficiency with Full Circle application from Innovative Systems highly preferred Understanding of and experience with Power BI
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services preferred (SSRS)
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Outlook, Office 365, SharePoint
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age