Barbell Strength Instr
About the Job
Click here to watch a video that highlights Barbell Strength: Click Here
Put your passion for strength training, energizing music and motivating others to greater use. Become a Life Time Barbell Strength instructor.
As a Life Time Barbell Strength instructor, you will belong to an elite team of entertaining educators who positively change lives every day. Geared toward all fitness levels, this strength training class uses Iron Grip Strength Equipment to improve muscular strength and endurance.
We want you to run a strong class. That's why Life Time offers all Group Fitness instructors training, ongoing education, support and resources to help you run a successful program.
Ready to raise the bar? Apply and audition to be a Barbell Strength instructor at Life Time today.
As a Life Time Group Fitness Instructor, you'll also educate, deliver and connect our members to the Core 3 method. This industry leading strategy addresses all areas of our members' health and fitness needs to help them achieve optimal results.
KNOW IT- Comprehensive Assessments
Education, testing, and technology to help our members' know how their unique bodies work.
(Examples: Lab Testing, Metabolic Assessments, Devices, Activity Monitors, myHealthScore)
NOURISH IT- Personalized Nutrition and Lifestyle
Professional advice, products and strategies to fuel and enrich our members' healthy way of life.
(Examples: Nutrition Coaching, Nutritional Products, Supplements, Registered Dietitians)
MOVE IT- Customized Workouts
Activities, events, and programs to keep our members' engaged in healthy and entertaining ways.
(Examples: Cycle, Group Fitness, Yoga, Private Training, Weight Loss, Metabolic Coaching, TEAM Classes, Pilates)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers entertaining, motivational, engaging, safe, educational, and professional weight training classes to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitors and instructs participants during classes by educating on correct form and proper intensity
- Demonstrates proficiency in music mapping and song by song music structure, cueing (physical, verbal & timely) and moving on beat
- Provides brand-worthy music ensuring appropriate language
- Develops positive relationships with class participants by leading inspiring, challenging and entertaining classes
- Attentively listens to members, answers questions, and engages in conversation before and after classes
- Provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs and concerns
- Effectively discusses and explains the benefits of Group Fitness
- Brand Advocate for Life Time
- Attends Barbell Strength meetings, trainings, and development / continuing education workshops
- Becomes a member of and actively participates in the Barbell Strength online instructor group.
- Promote Life Time programs, products, services and fellow instructors to class participants
- Consistently meets daily class attendance goals
- Actively recruits participants through personal interaction, invitations, and social media announcements
- Properly completes and submits incident reports when injuries occur before, during, or after class
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Assists in keeping Studio clean and organized at all times
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year fitness instructor work experience (preferred)
- Group strength training experience
Licenses / Certifications/ Registrations
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
- Group Exercise Certification (preferred but not required
- National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA)
- Canadian Fitness Professionals (CanFitPro)
All Life Time team members receive:
- Complimentary Life Time membership
- Team member discounts for Life Time products & services
- Team member discount on select Life Time Athletic Events
- Industry Leading Education and Training
- Education Program to promote professional and financial growth
Additional Full Time Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Industry-leading Education and Training
- Flexible Spending Account - Dependent (day) Care Account
- Levels Education Program to promote professional & financial growth
- Hourly Class Pay