Dir., International Finance & Business Development
About the Job
It doesn't get any better than this-as part of the Burton family, you'll be putting your skills to work at a global brand offering premium goods for snowboarding and active outdoor lifestyles. With a business built on innovation and progression, working at one of Burton's US, international offices or retail shops is an opportunity to test your limits and grow. Whatever the role or location, every position at Burton revolves around inspiring passion, all around the globe.
As the Director of International Finance and Business Development, you will be a key partner to both the International business unit and global finance leadership. Burton's International business unit is comprised of subsidiary offices and management teams located throughout Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. You will collaborate with general management to expand growth and profitability throughout our diverse geographies with direct leadership responsibility for certain emerging markets.
What You Get to Do:
- Lead strategic and financial planning for the International business unit.
- Manage the preparation of timely and insightful financial analysis to measure progress against your strategic plan and ensure the integrity of financial reporting.
- Actively review financial and operational results, trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Provide market assessments and make recommendations to invest or rationalize the international business portfolio.
- Develop terms and negotiate transactions such as distribution agreements, licensing agreements and joint ventures.
- Develop, manage and operationalize a roadmap towards long-term, sustainable growth, and profitability for the International business unit.
- A bachelor's degree in a business-related field with an emphasis on Finance / Accounting
- MBA is preferred
- Experience with multinational consumer products company is preferred
- 10+ years of extensive experience in financial analysis, strategic planning, and accounting
- 5+ years in leadership positions with general management or operational oversight
- Strong working knowledge of USGAAP
- Strong financial modeling, investment analysis, and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with international tax and trade compliance and related strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentation of complex topics to diverse audiences
- The ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers
- International business experience and foreign language abilities are a plus
- Frequent international travel may be required