Aquatics Coordinator - Roanoke
About the Job
The Kirk Family YMCA is looking for a self-motivated and mission driven candidate to join our full-time Aquatics Staff.
YMCA YMCA of Virginia's Blue Ridge
Location Roanoke, VA
Under minimum supervision, communicates effectively and provides services in instructional areas of aquatic programs according to YMCA policies, while maintaining a safe environment. Assists in the development of policies, procedures, scheduling and budgets.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard or YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Completion of Fundamental of Teaching YMCA Swim Lessons preferred
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructors: Parent-Child, Preschool and Youth and Adult are preferred
- Water Fitness Instruction experience preferred
- 2-year degree preferred
- 2-4 years aquatic programs experience
1. Assist in the development of safety policies and procedures.
2. Assist with budget development, preparation and administration.
3. Promote and execute fundraising activities and events.
4. Maintain pool water, systems and area.
5. Order and maintain pool equipment and supplies.
6. Assist in scheduling programs and pool usage.
7. Schedule lifeguards, instructors, and Water Fitness and Arthritis Aquatic Instructors.
8. Fill in when needed for Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, and fitness Instructors.
9. Prepare and order program supplies and materials.
10. Assist in the development of new aquatic programs.
11. Conduct and supervise Y Splash program.
12. Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Apply Online http://www.ymcavbr.org Opens a new window
Apply by Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes Accepted Until 7/13/2018