Assistant General Manager - North Bergen
About the Job
Crunch Fitness is looking for an Assistant General Manager to join their team!
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all departments enabling the club to provide the highest level of customer service. He/She will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the Crunch brand.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Financial & Club Operations
- Monitor revenue, expenses, payroll for each department on a bi-weekly basis.
- Manage budget by planning, forecasting, and monitoring revenue for each department.
- Manage multiple aspects of inventory control, payroll budget, daily bank deposits, shift coverage and general club maintenance.
- Training and supervising all club employees while helping the Regional General Manager facilitate all delegated projects and responsibilities.
- Educating the management and staff and ensuring implementation of proper company policies and procedures.
- The AGM will also have thorough knowledge of club services, programs and products as well as current knowledge of key competitors.
Member & Team Member Relations
- Achieve desired sales goals.
- Achieve desired revenue goals thru the leadership and motivation of employees.
- Implement and support company programs and promotion to help generate new sales leads for optimum new membership growth.
- Act as a leader to promote member engagement and provide each member with an exceptional club experience.
- Greet members, cultivate relationships, and encourage member connectivity by promoting an engaging and welcoming environment throughout all departments.
- Perform club audits to ensure that all areas of the club are clean, neat, organized, and in "like new" condition.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ensure team members are providing the highest level of customer service, cleanliness, and financial performance.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are followed and all departments are meeting or exceeding budgetary goals and metrics.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor employees to promote career growth through training, development, and performance assessment.
- Assist with new hires, promotions, employee status changes, and terminations. Manage club attrition and develop appropriate succession plans within the club and region.
- Coordinate disciplinary actions and terminations with Regional General Manager and Human Resources Manager.
- Prepare and facilitate club meetings to review policies and procedures, discuss club promotions, and ensure positive club morale.
- Responsible for developing their own personal development plan with the Regional General Manager. The Regional General Manager will report progress to the CEO.
- Attend applicable certifications needed to prepare for the General Manager role.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.
Minimum 2 years of fitness club experience. Ideally in management.