Club Manager - Hinesville
About the Job
The Club Manager position is an exempt position answering to the Regional Manager. The person in this position will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
2-3 Years Management experience ina retail, restaurant or similar customer service driven industry
High school diploma/GED equivalent required, Bachelors degree a plus.
Must have background screen results that meet the Company criteria
Must be authorized to work in the US
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of an Assistant Manager, Member Service Representatives, Trainer and Custodian
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines
- Manage Staff:
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training coaching and ensuring adherence to PF's values and goals.
- Administer Time and Attendance for team
- Resolve employee issues or concerns
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities in accordance with company policy
- Manage Front Desk related activities:
- Ensure phones are answered promptly and in a friendly manner and callers questions are answered
- Members are checked into the system
- New Member Sign-ups are done correctly
- Prospective members are taken on tour of Club facilities
- Member requests, issues and questions are handled efficiently
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily
- Ensure safety of employee, members and club property
- Assess and Communicate equipment repair needs in a timely manner
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions
- Authorize expenditures and refunds
- Make daily bank deposits
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to designated person at Corporate office
- Track club statistics and prepare reports (weekly, monthly, annually)
- Provide back-up support for any employee who is absent
The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks.
- Must be willing to work within the clubs established business model
- Exceptional customer service, leadership, diplomacy and listening skills
- Must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Professional, committed, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
The person in this position will work primarily inside the club location, however may at times be outside for special events. Incumbent must be able to see, hear, squat, bend, grasp with fingers, lift up to 50 lbs. and walk / stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to travel to other club locations as needed.