Club Manager - Waterville
About the Job
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.